Monday, February 25, 2013

First Impression: Naked Skin Foundation

I wanted to do a first impression of the Naked Skin Foundation from Urban Decay. I got free samples from Ulta and wanted to try it out...



So the sample contained 4 shades and the transparent shade scale. I thought it was nice that Urban Decay provided 4 shades so that I can determine which shade is closest to my skin tone. The transparent shade scale didn't help out too much. I don't really trust the scale, but according to it I was shade 2.0 & 3.5.



I tried 2.0 to see if it blended into my skin tone...


This is what my face looks like before I applied the foundation. I have uneveness of the skin tone, a little redness, one blemish, and dark circles. (Ew, lol.)


I put shade 2.0 on the right side of my face. I thought it was too light so I proceeded to try the next shade up. You can already see the difference of the look of my skin.



3.5 was the next shade that I tried and it was still too light! LOL. Then I moved onto the next shade up, 4.0. 4.0 was a little bit better but still pretty light. 


So basically I had put on 3 shades on my face. Even though none of the shades did not match my skin tone, I'm pretty sure that I can find it if I were to actually test all of them at the store. Beside the fact that I couldn't get the right shade, the coverage was pretty good. It covered up my blemish on my forehead and definately even out my skin tone.  You can build up the foundation but I stuck to one layer. It's not drying at all and it feels light on the skin. The consistency was very thin and watery but very pigmented. The only thing that I don't like about the foundation is the scent. It has a weird "chemical" odor that does goes away after applied. Also when applying the foundation, you only need a little bit (unless you want semi-full coverage). The pigmentation, feel & look of the foundation can be compared to L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Makeup.


Since the foundations were too light I topped it of with L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder in N4 Buff Beige to darken it up. 


This is the final look. Naked Skin Foundation does give a flawless and airbrushed look which I like. It doesn't appear drying at all. I do like this foundation but I wouldn't purchase it only because I know I can find a comparable and affordable foundation. 

Other products used:
Urban Decay 1st Naked Palette
Ulta Gel Eyeliner in Primetine
Urban Decay ABC Gum eyeshadow
L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in N3-4 Innocent Flush
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes, Waterproof
Givenchy Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen in Mister Macaroon
Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in Tawny
Rimmel Lasting Finish lip pencil in Tiramisu
Yves Saint Laurent Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in Nude Beige





No comments:

Post a Comment